Friday, January 16, 2009

Pinkalicious


Today was the day that I went to my oldest daughter, Emeryn's, class to talk about my job...being a stay at home mom! I decided to put together a little presentation about all of the different jobs moms do...I brought band-aids because sometimes I am a nurse...a rolling pin, because sometimes I am a baker...a hairbrush because with three girls, I am obviously a hairdresser...a needle and thread because I am definitely a seamstress...anyway, I shared with the class that my favorite part of being a mom is having the time to read to my girls. I brought Emmy and Jaidyn's new book, Pinkalicious, and read it to the class...and I served them pink cupcakes with pink frosting. If you have read the book, you understand! Anyway, the class loved it, and we had a great time! Preparing for my "lecture" (such a lofty term for a talk with Kindergarten and First graders), I really started thinking about all the things that we, as moms, have the privilege of doing. At times driving to every event, and baking for all the class parties can seem overwhelming to me...exhausting, but I really want to focus on the awesome gift it is to have these three little ones to raise. God has given me the most precious thing in my girls! He has put these wonderful creatures in my hand..for just a while...to mold and shape, care for, love, play with, drive, nurse, teach, guide...the list is endless. I am so thankful that he has chosen to entrust these three, in particular, to me. I always thought it funny that the Lord gave my husband and me a family of girls! It is not what I had planned, and definitely not what my husband thought of when he dreamed of his life! However, we are enjoying every moment, cherishing every laugh...hoping that God will use us to raise our girls to be Godly women who love Him with all their hearts, and to love each other. We pray that God will give us all the love, the patience, and the courage to raise our girls the way He wants us to!

2 comments:

  1. I wish I was in the class!! I would love to eat a pink cupcake and read Pinkalicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow-great job! I will be checking your blog to see whats going on with you. It's kind of fun to be creative this way. Love You! Laura

    ReplyDelete